Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will serve as the primary administrator for the Salesforce donor database system. The Database Associate is responsible for a broad range of tasks related to the efficient operation and management of the Salesforce database. This includes data entry and updating of all donor records, and related information, generating donor acknowledgement letters, and providing data in report form to staff. The Database Associate will standardize and coordinate the entry of data and mining of information, as well as maintain database integrity. This is a regular part-time-60%, benefited, non-exempt position.
A. Salesforce Database Administration
- Serve as primary system administrator for Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) platform with 10 users.
- Responsible for managing users, security roles, permission sets, profiles, groups, sharing rules and workflows.
- Provide support for Salesforce users by providing training, answer user questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage third-party database integrations, including Salsa Engage and Mailchimp.
- Ongoing maintenance/clean-up of Salesforce database to ensure accurate information for reports and queries.
- Build custom reports, dashboards, workflows, email templates and page layouts.
- Create and maintain custom fields, workflows, processes, validation rules.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator and Grant Writer on implementing Salesforce modules to track volunteers and grants.
- Lead the effort to evolve Salesforce to meet the organization’s changing needs.
B. Donor Database & Development
- Maintain the integrity of the Salesforce database by following all procedures for proper data entry, many of which have been customized to George Mark Children’s House specifications.
- Maintains awareness of fundraising/donor database industry trends and best practices and implements CRM procedural and reporting updates as needed.
- Monitor, input and review, daily gift processing data including gifts from third party portals such as Salsa Engage, Classy, Benevity, Network for Good, Donor Advised Funds etc.
- Process and acknowledge donations from all sources. This includes coding and entering gifts, soft credits, address updates, new donor entry, identifying duplicates and day to day account maintenance.
- In collaboration with the Administrative Assistant prepares and mails gift acknowledgement letters and mailings in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Monthly reports detailed by donor giving category for revenue goal tracking purposes.
- Create systems to ensure that gift processing meets fiscal standards and accountability.
- Develop a standard operating procedures manual.
C. Finance Department Support
- Works closely with the Finance department to reconcile donations and restricted grants.
- Meets month-end deadline to submit all Database reports to Finance Department including cash, check and credit card donations, pledges and pledge payments.
- Works closely with Finance to prepare audit reports.
D. Special Event, Communications and Community Engagement Support
- Supports the Director of Advancement with donor communications, including but not limited to communication tracking, tracking all solicitations for revenue and expenses mailing lists, and donor recognition reports.
- Coordinates corporate sponsorship invoicing and payments for all special events.
- Maintain and produce event invitation mailing lists.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of mailing lists of donors and donor prospects.
- Produce reports from Salesforce to support development planning efforts.
- Generate reports and customized, one-off reports requested from other Advancement staff in a timely manner.
- Assist and Create E-Blast appeals through Salsa Engage.
- Perform other duties, as requested.
- Must have the ability to work comfortably in an alternative healthcare setting serving families and children who are seriously ill or dying.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to GMCH children-patients, families, caregivers, staff, volunteers and donors using both written and verbal skills.
- Interest in and ability to perform tasks in a culturally sensitive manner without regard to age, ethnicity, religion, national origin or socioeconomic status.
- Fluency in English.
- Applicant must show the basic skills and core competencies of a computer database manager, including managing multiple, competing and varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem solving, decision making, and successfully managing work-flow.
- This position requires conduct of the highest professional and ethical standards with patients, families, staff, volunteers and donors at all times.
- Complete work within established time frames. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding company financials and other information
- Ability to operate a computer with Salesforce software and Microsoft Windows Office Suite software, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Minimum Associate Degree with 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience maintaining CRM data including experience in report writing and analyzing data.
- Experience with Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) and implementation preferred.
- Experience with Salsa Engage and Classy preferred