• This is a full-time, 32 hours per week, exempt, benefited position, which may include some travel, weekend and evening hours as needed for events.
• Reports to the Director of Advancement. Works closely with other member of the Advancement Team including Grant Writer. Works closely with the CEO, Board of Directors and members of the Administrative and Finance Teams.
• Position will fill in for Director of Advancement when he/she is on vacation.
• This position is a critical member of the Advancement Team at George Mark and will be responsible for leading aspects of the effort to insure more complete integration of the community relations, communications/marketing, social media, and annual giving programs, specifically related to the George Mark website, special events, marketing, tracking of donors, and communication collateral materials.
Essential Functions of the Job
Fundraising & Communications
1. Identify, cultivate and recruit and engage prospective individual, corporate, public and private donors.
2. In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, implement strategies to grow the prospect pipeline as well as donor portfolios.
3. Steward and solicit a portfolio of 50+ individual donors and prospects. Design and implement short and long term strategies to strengthen existing relationships with current donors and expand the donor pipe line through the acquisition of new donors in collaboration with the Director of Advancement.
4. Manage Annual Fund program including direct mail campaigns as they relate to mailing lists, donor and prospect research, appeal preparation, electronic solicitation, tracking of results, and adjusting strategies as needed.
5. Track and report on results of appeals and special campaigns, adjusting strategies as needed by accessing database, pulling reports, and filtering data.
6. Acknowledgement to donors that is fresh and authentic.
7. Work in collaboration with Grant Writer/Communications Coordinator to design and produce all marketing and communication collateral material, including but not limited to: appeal letters, newsletters, promotional brochures, annual reports, letterhead, business cards, and event invitations and programs.
8. In collaboration with the CEO and the Director of Advancement, schedule meetings with prospective donors; cultivate relationships and schedule meetings with existing and new donors.
9. In tandem with the Director of Advancement, work at the forefront of all assigned public relation efforts.
10. Work and collaborate with Grant Writer/Communications Coordinator. May assist in developing or finalizing Letters of Intent (LOI) or Grants as needed.
11. Oversee the work of vendors, including graphic designers, writers, photographers, and printers, providing high-quality materials within budget parameters.
12. Perform other duties as assigned to achieve strategic advancement and organizational goals that result in increased gifts and positive exposure.
Database & Website Coordination
1. Primary responsibility for maintaining and improving the George Mark Children’s House website, regularly reviewing and updating website content to insure timeliness, accuracy, and usability of information, and producing and distributing electronic appeals and newsletters.
2. Responsible for the organization’s social media plan and presence on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter as well as all other social media. Proactively engage with social media strategies and demonstrate the initiative to master new platforms with the goal of optimizing GMCH on the most relevant sites.
3. In collaboration with the Database Associate, insure appropriate gift acknowledgments and thank you letter are prepared for specific campaign and events.
4. In collaboration with the Database Associate, clean-up of existing data sources and insures constituent data is fresh, current and as enhanced as possible to insure the most effective use of all the information available and ongoing updates.
Special Events & Other Support
1. Oversee the planning, organizing, budgeting and coordination of small to large fundraising and donor cultivation events; especially signature fundraisers to include Annual Celebration, Sound Bites and Summit.
2. Work with Director of Advancement to formulate the annual budget that integrates all aspect of advancement and fundraising program and integration of short and long-term income and expenses
1. Works comfortably in a sub-acute health care setting serving children who are seriously ill or dying, and their families.
2. Perform job duties in an ethical and culturally sensitive manner without regard to any protected category as defined by federal, state or local law.
3. Must have personal, reliable transportation, valid and current CA Driver’s License, good driving record and insurance.
4. Background check will be required based on job duties.
5. Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work well with a team.
1. Communicate effectively with major donors, community stakeholders, patients, patients’ families, staff, volunteers, and contractors using advanced written, verbal, editing and proofreading skills.
2. Strong knowledge base of annual giving programs, including direct mail and online campaign/mass marketing experience.
3. Demonstrate a high level of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to follow-through on assignments to completion.
4. Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and work independently or with a team.
5. On a daily basis, show the skills and basic competencies of an advancement professional, including managing multiple, competing and varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem solving, decision making, and delegation of duties and successfully managing work-flow.
6. Excellent client service skills, including in-person and on the phone.
Database & Software Requirements
1. Comfortable working with Salesforce preferred, or equivalent CRM database.
2. Proficient in managing a fundraising software, preferably Salsa Engage.
3. Proficiency with WordPress (CMS), or equivalent PHP or MySQL platform preferred.
4. Experience working with volunteers and with volunteer management.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Windows Office Suite, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
6. Demonstrated expertise in web and social media management tasks. Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
7. Familiarity with print design and publishing practices a plus.
1. BA or BS degree or equivalent in a related field.
2. Minimum of three to five years progressive experience in similar positions.
3. Demonstrated success and experience in fundraising, event management, community and public relations, and marketing at nonprofit organizations.
1. 100% paid health, dental, vision benefits.
2. PTO eligible.
3. Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
4. 403b plan.