This is a full-time, 80%, 32 hours/week, hourly, non-exempt, benefitted position, which may include some weekend and evening hours. Co-reports to the Director of Advancement and Director of Nursing and Compliance. Works closely with the CEO, Board of Directors, and other members of the Advancement, Clinical, and Administrative Teams.
This position is a critical member of the George Mark team and will be responsible for producing fundraising/donor cultivation events, and events/activities for George Mark patients and families.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, budgeting, and coordination of small to large events.
- Lead the design and production of event-related marketing and communication collateral material, including invitations and programs.
- Oversee the work of vendors, including graphic designers, writers, photographers, and printers, providing high-quality materials within budget parameters.
- Regular media postings and tracking of events and activities
Essential Functions of the Job:
General Event Management and Coordination:
- Date selection.
- Budget development and tracking, processing of invoices, check requests and reconciliations.
- Engage and manage services of event production vendors.
- Development of program, script, entertainment, awards.
- Manage guest list and table seating.
- Engage the services of a photographer.
- Onsite management of various aspects of the event set up and clean up.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Child Life, Family Support and Volunteer Coordinators
Save-the-Date, Invitation, and Printed Program:
- Oversee all aspects of design and printing.
- Concept development.
- Write and edit all invitation content.
- Engage services of graphic designer and printer.
- Coordinate mailing.
- Engage the services of an auctioneer.
- Auction prospect list development.
- Solicitation package design, printing, and mailing.
- Solicitation and follow-up.
- Item tracking.
- Develop, implement and manage GMCH’s social media strategy.
- Create compelling content (copy, photos, graphics, video, slides) communicating to multiple audiences to create greater engagement amongst various communities within GMCH.
- Manage and oversee social media content.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Advancement team for event content.
- Present new content ideas and promotions in line with stated objectives.
- Implement social media promotion campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Monitor and respond to social media comments and feedback.
- Support planning and development of content calendars; schedule and post content on regular basis.
- Analyze metrics to measure and report on effectiveness and provide recommendations to the Marketing and Advancement teams.
- Capture photos and create video; process and edit for use in social media as well as other digital and print platforms.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum of three to five years progressive experience in similar positions.
- Demonstrated success and experience in fundraising, event management, community, and public relations, and marketing at nonprofit organizations.
- Good familiarity with photography, video, and editing skills.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound, and editing is preferred but not required.
- Work comfortably in an alternative healthcare setting serving families and children who are seriously ill or dying.
- Perform job duties in an ethical and culturally sensitive manner without regard to any protected category as defined by federal, state, or local law.
- Communicate effectively with donors, community stakeholders, patients, patients’ families, staff, volunteers, and contractors using advanced written, verbal, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience working with volunteers and with volunteer management.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows Office Suite, including, but not limited to, Word, Explorer, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, or equivalent database and fundraising software.
- Show a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to follow through on assignments to completion.
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and work independently or with a team.
- Excellent customer service skills, including in-person and on the phone.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation, valid and current CA Driver's License, good driving record, and insurance.
- Background Checks will be required based on job duties.
- Weekend and evening hours are required at times for programs and events.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
There are physical, mental, and environmental demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Please see the full job description at https://www.georgemark.org/ for further information.