This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, benefited position which includes weekend, evening and holiday hours. The full-time Housekeeper is responsible for the upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of the interior areas of the George Mark Children’s House. This position assists in the daily upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of all areas of GMCH and any additional tasks as requested. This position reports to the Head Chef/Dietary Manager.
- Accountable for the interior upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of all areas of GMCH. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, polishing and vacuuming floors and carpets, dusting and polishing woodwork, furniture and equipment, washing windows, walls and restrooms, cleaning blinds, emptying and cleaning trash and recycling receptacles, replenishing sanitary supplies and moving furniture.
- Performs daily cleaning projects as outlined on the GMCH Housekeeping “Daily Shift Report” sheets. (Which would be much more detailed in regards to specific areas.)
- Daily cleaning of in-patient rooms, occupied family suites.
- Thoroughly disinfect patient rooms at the end of stay, following OSHA and CDPH guidelines.
- Occasionally assists with upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of outdoor areas or scheduled events.
- Works cooperatively with other housekeepers and department managers to achieve agreed upon time and goal deadlines in support of overall facility services.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and clinical staff regarding facilities support for events.
- Turns in shift report daily.
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as requested.
- Responsible for carrying out GMCH Mission in daily duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dietary/Housekeeping Manager.
- Work comfortably in an alternative healthcare setting serving families and children who are seriously ill or dying.
- Perform job duties in an ethical and culturally sensitive manner without regard to any protected category as defined by federal, state or local law.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, staff and contractors with an emphasis on positive relations.
- On a daily basis, show the skills and basic competencies of a housekeeper/dietary aide, including managing multiple, competing and varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem solving, decision making, and successfully managing work-flow.
- Wear the appropriate non-slip, grease resistance closed toe footwear for both Dietary and Housekeeping departments.
- Understands and adheres to GMCH compliance standards as they appear in the GMCH Personnel Manual, GMCH Policies and Procedures Manuals and Departmental memos.
- Competency in using the Internet, including Microsoft Office computer programs.
Any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities as outlined above is qualifying. Specifically, formal or informal education or training which insures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance; and at least 1 (one) year of recent, and full-time custodial experience involving the use of chemicals in the cleaning and maintenance of a building facility. High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.