Reporting to the Director of Nursing and the Registered Nurse on duty, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will assist in providing direct patient care in a safe manner within the framework of the GMCH Mission and the philosophy of pediatric palliative care. This is an hourly, non-exempt, part-time or full-time or per diem position that includes weekend, evening and night hours.
- At the direction of the patient’s primary care physician, the Medical Director, Director of Patient Care Services, and Registered Nurses provide and coordinate quality palliative care to patients/families, including nursing services, medication administration, treatments, diagnostic and preventative procedures.
- Coordinate patient nursing care with other team members including other nursing staff, psychosocial staff, Pharmacist, Medical Director, attending physicians and various community agencies and resources.
- Maintain current clinical knowledge of pediatric palliative care practices through ongoing education and attendance of in-service training sessions.
- Maintain professional boundaries within Scope of Practice.
- Adhere to all state regulations regarding professional license.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse license without limitations required.
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
- Two years pediatric and/or end-of-life care experience preferred.
- Demonstrate the basic skills and core competencies of a Licensed Vocational Nurse, including managing multiple, competing and varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem solving (clinical and interpersonal), decision making (clinical and interpersonal), delegation of duties and successfully managing work-flow.