The Nursing Recruiter and Educator will assist in recruiting and retention of nursing staff at George Mark Children’s House (GMCH). They will provide specialty training in Pediatric Palliative Care (PPC) and create employment training for newly graduated nurses and educate current nurses on up-to-date procedures and provide orientation to California clinicians about GMCH’s unique model of Pediatric Palliative Care.
This is a part-time, 60%, 24 hours/week, non-exempt, hourly, benefited position, which may include some evening, night, and weekend hours.
- Create job descriptions, update and review as needed to meet operational needs of the clinical department.
- Create job postings.
- Post jobs on identified websites, GMCH website, social media.
- Review resumes.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Conduct initial screening and interviewing in coordination with the Director of Nursing (DON) and Human Resources (HR).
- Attending Job Fairs.
- Visit Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and other subacute care facilities to promote GMCH’s staffing needs.
- Search for nursing candidates.
- Develop and maintain contacts/alliances with Nursing Schools and Vocational Training facilities such as Samuel Merritt, Holy Names, Unitech, and CSU.
- Provide specialty training in Pediatrics and Pediatric Palliative Care for new graduate nurses
- Provide coverage for patient care as needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
- Active, unrestricted license in good standing with the California Board of Nursing.
- Maintain consistent self-care practices.
- Be a dedicated person.
- Be available a minimum of 24 hours /week and more as needed.
- Exhibit and reflect professionalism.
- Proven competency in Nursing skills related to Pediatrics and Pediatric Palliative Care.
- 1-2 years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience is required.
- Background in education is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GMCH preferred but not required.
- Willing to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to positive workplace culture.
- Attend work reliably and arrive on time consistently.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for GMCH.
- Be respectful and collaborative with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees regularly working a minimum of 24 hours per week are eligible to participate in the benefits program. The cost for employees' health, dental and vision are paid in full by GMCH.