“The Mission of George Mark Children’s House is to provide an important addition to the continuum of care for children with life-limiting illnesses; enhancing the quality of life for the entire family by offering medical, emotional, spiritual, and respite support in a home-like setting that is full of life and activity regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or socioeconomic status.”
The Operations & Strategy Manager provides support for the entire organization focusing on day-to-day operations needs and supporting a three-five-year strategic planning workstream.
Day-to-day oversight and point of contact for House and facility operations, IT systems, and in support of operations pertaining to clinical events and activities. Additionally, interfaces with the County of Alameda as needed. This position is scheduled to work Monday through Friday, with some evenings and weekends required.
Oversee House Operations (50%)
- Oversee operations activities, meetings, staff, and House-related events (Ops meetings, All hands meetings, Staff events, Board meetings, Wellness Wednesdays, Clinical House tours, Donor visits, etc.)
- Proactively partner with the Events Planning team to ensure House operations, systems, meals, supplies, and logistics are in good order to support Advancement, Clinical, and Family events.
- Support the House Engineer on capital projects (pool & playground expansion, maintenance upgrades, etc.), grounds, and IT systems, in partnership with Building Engineer and IT partners.
- Responsible for day-to-day systems oversight, troubleshooting, and execution. Partner with Finance/Systems Director to build capacity, expand, improve, and maintain core systems. Audit and then identify ways to move our processes & system across departments (Operations, Clinical, and Psychosocial) from manual to more digital, including working closely with the Database Administrator.
- Oversee vendor contracts processes including but not limited to renewals, negotiations, filing, and tracking.
Analytics and Strategic Advisor (30%)
- Work with the Advancement team and Systems Administrator to co-lead analytics work stream to audit current Advancement strategies, donor engagement straegies, and results to identify measures and dashboards to track, improve, and scale processes.
- Support the CEO in outreach, planning, scheduling, and follow-up of major donors and engagements using key metrics & data systems to improve outreach and engagement.
- Co-lead Strategic Planning partnership, overview, and execution, including overseeing agency brief, vetting, logistics, and planning of strategy workstream, fielding research as needed to provide data for strategy kickoff and ongoing activities related to strategy.
- Support the CEO in scheduling media-related requests including social/external video, posts, and email content as needed; support the CEO with media and PR-related activities and outreach as requested.
Manage and Develop Operations Team (20%)
- Operations Admin
- Database Administrator
- Building Engineer
- Demonstrated basic skills and core competencies of an experienced operator, including managing multiple, competing, varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem-solving, decision-making, delegating, and successfully managing workflow.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, advising, and supporting to effectively motivate others.
- Strong analytical skills, comfort building analytical frameworks to evaluate complex issues and identify resolutions, Comfortable benchmarking as part of analytical and strategic thinking.
- Strategic thinker who can think through challenges with a strategic framework.
- Demonstrated skills in employee supervision, scheduling, and work coordination.
- Must have the ability to work comfortably in an alternative healthcare setting serving families and children who are seriously ill or dying.
- Interest in and ability to perform tasks in a culturally sensitive manner without regard to age, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status or any other protected category as defined by Federal, State or local law(s).
- Exhibit conduct of the highest professional ethical standards with patients, families, staff, vendors, volunteers, and the general public at all times.
- Experience and ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook Calendar; knowledge in a variety of systems a plus e.g.: Salesforce, QuickBooks, Paycom, and Netsmart.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills are necessary to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment to achieve daily assignments and goals. Project management skills preferred.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- A valid California Driver’s License with a good driving record is required.
- Background Check will be required based on job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree preferred or a combination of education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of three or more years managing operations workflows.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Working conditions in the interior of GMCH are clean, well-lit, and free from extremes of temperature and humidity. Working conditions in outside areas of GMCH are subject to extreme variations in temperature and humidity and may include wind and rain. Reasonable accommodations will be made for some physical demands and mental demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodations.
Employees regularly working a minimum of 24 hours per week are eligible to participate in the benefits program.
- The cost for the employee's health, dental and vision are paid in full by GMCH.
- Accrual of 7.69 Paid Time Off hours per pay period.
- A wellness culture with team-building activities and special events like Wellness Wednesday, Family Picnic, and Remembrance Day in a unique, home-like setting located on five beautiful acres.