PEDIATRIC CANCER RESPITE CARE PROGRAM
George Mark Children’s House has launched a new pilot program to provide free respite care services for children, teens, and young adults with cancer, and their families.
- Open to children, teens, and young adults, 0 up to age 25.
- Patients stay in a private colorful themed room in our beautiful home-like setting, and have magical experiences provided by a caring staff. The family receives a break from the non-stop responsibilities of home care.
- Nursing care offered onsite twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week.
- Programming includes aquatic therapy, music therapy, dance, horticultural (garden) therapy, animal visits, art, 3d printing, and more!
- Program is fully funded; no insurance needed. Families never see a bill.
- Patients must receive prior approval by the GMCH Medical Director.
- Patients must require nursing-level care.
- Patients must be at their baseline and stable.
- Patients and parent(s)/guardian must agree to a trial overnight stay at GMCH.
- Patients stay in the House for a minimum of two days/nights.
- Pain and symptom management and changes in treatment provided (e.g. feedings, medications).
- Patients with behavioral issues must be evaluated by staff prior to admission.